The Nativity by Thomas Kinkade Studios
Thomas Kinkade Studios Limited Edition Canvas is hand-retouched by skilled artisans, giving the painting a look almost identical to the artist’s on-easel original. Vibrant colors, rich textures and color tones accurate to Thom’s original brushstrokes are the hallmarks of your finished piece. All Limited Edition prints are created using high quality acid-free canvas or paper.
Learn about the different editions from the Thomas Kinkade Statement of Editions © The Thomas Kinkade Estate – All Rights Reserved
- The Nativity is the first painting that Thomas Kinkade Studios has created of the Christ child.
- The all-familiar characters of shepherds, wise men, and barn animals, as well as Mary and Joseph, grace the foreground of the landscape, but buried deeper in the details, other symbols of faith begin to emerge.
- A small lamp shedding light upon the common jars and trunk jogs the memory of the later words of Jesus, “Your eyes are the lamp of the body…”
- The sorrowful night sky, filled with clouds nearly stamps out all light, but the presence of the Saviors bright shining star, beckons us all with the ancient words of the prophet Isaiah, “Those living in darkness have seen a great light.”
- As the child in the manger radiates a peaceful glow, light splashes upon the hardened mud walls, pushes against the solemn Judean night sky and pierces through the windows, we see what was once heard, “I am the light unto the world.”