Doctor Strange VS. The Dark Despot by Thomas Kinkade Studios
This is an unframed Limited Edition stretched, canvas lithograph that has been hand embellished. You will want to consider ADDING a FRAME for your canvas.
The darkening of the sky highlights the continuing battle between Doctor Strange and the Dark Despot, Dormammu. Scarlet Witch, the mistress of “Hex Power”, Rintrah and Wong have entered the skirmish to join forces with Doctor Strange against the immortal energy of Dormammu. Who will ultimately win this day’s battle? Thomas Kinkade Studios proudly presents our new Marvel Comics collaboration, Doctor Strange vs. The Dark Despot.
- Doctor Strange vs. The Dark Despot is the first painting by Thomas Kinkade Studios to portray the Sorcerer Supreme and his evil nemesis Dormammu.
- The Scarlet Witch battles The Dark Despot in this painting, and has been featured in other Thomas Kinkade Studios Limited Edition Art including The Avengers and Iron Man.
- Benedict Wong, Dr. Strange’s valet and loyal sidekick, was first introduced in the comic Strange Tales #110 in July 1963.
- Rintrah, the minotaur, is a mystic from another dimension and an apprentice at Kamar-Taj, the home and training grounds to the Masters of Mystic Arts.
- Although she is Dormammu’s niece, the sorceress Clea is a disciple and wife of Dr. Strange. With her incredible powers, she battles alongside the Sorcerer Supreme to defeat her evil uncle.
- The setting of Doctor Strange vs. The Dark Despot was inspired by a classic Thomas Kinkade scene, which featured a waterfall, a misty forest, and a cottage. The artists of the Thomas Kinkade Studios transformed this peaceful scene into a dark landscape with sharp rocks and a crumbling castle that is aflame. Can you see the waterfall, mist, and forest in the background?