Mickey and Minnie – Sweetheart Cafe by Thomas Kinkade Studios
Thomas Kinkade Studios Limited Edition Canvas is hand-retouched by skilled artisans, giving the painting a look almost identical to the artist’s on-easel original. Vibrant colors, rich textures and color tones accurate to Thom’s original brushstrokes are the hallmarks of your finished piece. All Limited Edition prints are created using high quality acid-free canvas or paper.
Learn about the different editions from the Thomas Kinkade Statement of Editions
© Disney © The Thomas Kinkade Estate – All Rights Reserved
Thomas Kinkade was a life-long admirer of Walt Disney and the wonderful characters he created. While Thom re-created many of his favorite stories on canvas, he also envisioned classic Disney characters set within traditional Kinkade images. In these paintings from Thomas Kinkade Studios, his dream is proudly brought to life. In this gorgeous Spring setting, Mickey Mouse presents Minnie Mouse with tokens of his affection – flowers, chocolates and a heart-shaped balloon. Romance is in the air as the pair enjoy an afternoon at their favorite sidewalk café. Dogwoods are in bloom, colorful flower boxes line the cobblestone lane, and love birds perch peacefully above the pair. Minnie Mouse glows with joy – deeply touched by Mickey Mouse’s gifts. Mickey and Minnie – Sweetheart Café reminds us how beautiful love is and how thoughtful gestures can mean so much.
- Mickey and Minnie – Sweetheart Café is the fourth Thomas Kinkade Studios artwork that features Disney’s Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse together.
- Mickey and Minnie – Sweetheart Cove was the initial Thomas Kinkade Studios image dedicated to this iconic Disney duo, Mickey and Minnie – Sweetheart Bridge was the second, and Mickey and Minnie – Sweetheart Holiday was the third – released in May of 2016, August of 2016 and November of 2016, respectively.
- These four paintings are the realization of Thomas Kinkade’s vision to create art featuring classic Disney characters in traditional Kinkade settings.
- Mickey and Minnie – Sweetheart Café features a tribute to Mickey’s Follies – the 1929 short in which Mickey first referred to Minnie as his girlfriend. Mickey sings, “got a sweetie…she’s my little Minnie Mouse”. On the far left side of the Thomas Kinkade Studios painting is a heart-shaped sign that says “Sweetie 1929”.
- The Chocolatier in this image is called “Clarabelle’s”, named after Clarabelle Cow – Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse’s friend.
- The small sign hanging next to the Café shows silhouettes of Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse.
- A beautiful wedding cake sits in the window of the bakery – a romantic nod to true love.
- A small kitten sits in the window sill above the Chocolatier watching as Mickey Mouse presents Minnie Mouse with her delightful gifts.
- An iconic Thomas Kinkade Dogwood tree and a small sign etched into the brickwork with the initials “TK” engraved on it are dedicated to Thomas Kinkade, the Studios’ founding artist, who embraced love and celebrated it in many of his paintings with hidden tributes to his wife and four daughters.