Spider-Man VS. The Sinister Six by Thomas Kinkade Studios
Thomas Kinkade Studios Limited Edition Canvas is hand-retouched by skilled artisans, giving the painting a look almost identical to the artist’s on-easel original. Vibrant colors, rich textures and color tones accurate to Thom’s original brushstrokes are the hallmarks of your finished piece. All Limited Edition prints are created using high quality acid-free canvas or paper.
Learn about the different editions from the Thomas Kinkade Statement of Editions © The Thomas Kinkade Estate – All Rights Reserved
- The membership of the Sinister Six has changed over the years, and in this battle, we see the group of supervillains featured in the Spider-Man 25th Anniversary Special issue, consisting of Sandman, Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Vulture, Mysterio and Electro.
- The original Sinister Six debuted in The Amazing Spider-Man Annual #1 in January 1964. The group of six supervillains was organized by Doctor Octopus, and included Electro, Vulture, Sandman, and Kraven the Hunter, who later died. Thomas Kinkade Studios pays tribute to this iconic comic book by including Kraven the Hunter on top of the Daily Bugle sign.
- Oscorp manufactures the Goblin Glider and the Pumpkin Bombs featured in Spider-Man vs. the Sinister Six.
- The Daily Bugle is an important part of the Marvel Universe, appearing most prominently in Marvel Comics stories that feature Spider-Man as the lead character and is even published by Marvel Comics. In addition to the building sign, can you find the hidden tribute to this iconic publication in Spider-Man vs. the Sinister Six?
- Oscorp Tower is included in this painting, ominously overlooking the battle that is about to ensue in the streets of Manhattan. Norman Osborn founded the company with his teacher, Professor Mendel Stromm, who developed a chemical that created superhuman strength. Using this chemical, Osborn turned into the villain Green Goblin, one of SpiderMan’s archnemeses.