The Avengers by Thomas Kinkade Studios
Thomas Kinkade Studios Limited Edition Canvas is hand-retouched by skilled artisans, giving the painting a look almost identical to the artist’s on-easel original. Vibrant colors, rich textures and color tones accurate to Thom’s original brushstrokes are the hallmarks of your finished piece. All Limited Edition prints are created using high quality acid-free canvas or paper.
Learn about the different editions from the Thomas Kinkade Statement of Editions © The Thomas Kinkade Estate – All Rights Reserved
- The Avengers is the third Limited Edition Art release in Thomas Kinkade Studios Marvel Collection. The first two paintings in the series are Spider-Man vs. the Sinister Six and Black Panther.
- The Avengers were created in September of 1963 by the legendary team of Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, making their debut in The Avengers #1.
- Over the span of decades, the members of the Avengers changed. The original five Avengers are Ant-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, and the Wasp. Ant-Man became Giant-Man in issue #2, and the Hulk left in the same issue. Captain America joined The Avengers in issue #4 after he was discovered trapped in ice.
- The Wasp thought of the name “Avengers” in the initial issue, saying, “It should be something colorful and dramatic, like…The Avengers, or….”. Her partner and love interest, Ant-Man, solidified the group’s name, exclaiming, “Or nothing! That’s It! The Avengers!”
- Can you find Ant-Man in this painting?
- The Scarlet Witch and her brother Quicksilver were originally supervillains, appearing in The X-Men series. She became a Super Hero and later married her Avengers teammate, Vision.
- Beast (aka Hank McCoy) was a mutant from The X-Men; however, he has always been a Super Hero. He honed his unique form of acrobatic combat by training with both The X-Men’s Professor Xavier and the Avengers’ Captain America.
- Spider-Man did not join the Avengers until over 40 years after he first crossed paths withthe team.
- Black Panther, who was painted by the Thomas Kinkade Studios in the Limited Edition Art Black Panther, became a member of the Avengers in 1968 and has since become a fan-favorite character.