X-Men by Thomas Kinkade Studios
Thomas Kinkade Studios Limited Edition Canvas is hand-retouched by skilled artisans, giving the painting a look almost identical to the artist’s on-easel original. Vibrant colors, rich textures and color tones accurate to Thom’s original brushstrokes are the hallmarks of your finished piece. All Limited Edition prints are created using high quality acid-free canvas or paper.
Learn about the different editions from the Thomas Kinkade Statement of Editions © The Thomas Kinkade Estate – All Rights Reserved
Team building activities are designed to increase motivation and promote cooperation. Strengths, Teamwork, Alignment, and Results are the focus. Individuals flourish as they use and develop their strengths, and people come together, building relationships that result in effective teamwork. Thomas Kinkade Studios is proud to present our newest Limited Edition Art collaboration with Marvel – X-Men. In this scene, Professor Xavier has gathered the Super Heroes to square off against each other in a friendly baseball game to build their teamwork further. The Golden Rule of this game is, “Play without the use of your Super Hero powers.” As Cyclops pitches to his girlfriend Jean Grey, Professor X sits quietly at the mansion, acting as umpire using his telepathic ability. Which side will win the game, or are the X-Men even keeping score?
- X-Men is the sixth Limited Edition Art release in the Marvel Collection by Thomas Kinkade Studios. Previous titles in the series include Spider-man vs. the Sinister Six, Black Panther, The Avengers, Captain Marvel – Dawn of a New Day, and Captain America – Sentinel of Liberty.
- Classic characters from the X-Men comic book series are portrayed in this painting. Jean Grey (Phoenix) is at bat, while Cyclops pitches and Wolverine is on second base.
- Rogue is on third base, while Beast is on first. Did you know that Beast was also featured in The Avengers by Thomas Kinkade Studios, appearing in both comic book storylines?
- Powerful mutant Colossus is the Catcher. He was created in 1975 by writer Len Wein and artist Dave Cockrum.
- Other members of the X-Men featured in this painting include Iceman, Cannonball, Jubilee, Magik, Storm, Banshee, and Shadowcat. Do you see your favorite Super Hero?
- Can you find Lockheed, Shadowcat’s dragon companion? Lockheed was created in 1983 by writer Chris Claremont and artist Paul Smith.
- Professor Xavier and Dr. Moira MacTaggart sit on the balcony of Charles Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters, watching the X-Men play.
- Two baseball bats sit against the bench crossed, as a symbol of the X-Men and their teamwork.